Getting Started with Government Construction

The ongoing economic decline has caused a lot of people to start looking for work in other places. The construction industry is no different. Construction companies everywhere have started pursuing federal construction contracts. Even when the commercial industry is in decline, the federal government will always be in need of construction services.

However getting started with government construction is not a simple task. First contractors must register with the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and Online Representations & Certifications Application (ORCA). To register with CCR and ORCA you will need your Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, federal tax ID number and electronic funds transfer information.

Even after you have made the proper registrations you will have to consider the hidden costs, risks, and implications of partaking in federal construction. Your company will need learn how to find federal projects and how to correctly install the required internal systems for federal compliance. Above all your company will need good communication with your representatives and all government personnel.

Looking for more information on how to get started with government construction? Visit Construction Executive Magazine’s Article by Reggie Jones to find out more.

West Constructors is one of the nation’s leaders in government construction. We have all the necessary permits, licenses, and training to complete any government project. If you are interested in our services or would like to learn more about our business please feel free to contact us.

Jack West

West Constructors

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.